TRABL Off-Season Checklist
Assumes drafting the first week of Dec with Opening Day the first week of April
First week of November (or once the TRABL Series ends):
· Open up the trading window
· Chris’ initial draft disc available to the league
· All owners to confirm their rosters
· Confirm with John N that his website will be available for our draft use
· Any rule changes for next year?
· TRABL Constitution and/or the league website need updating?
· Team roster sizes are unlimited
Second week of November:
· Confirm with TRABL owners who is staying for next year
· John to arrange for TRABL owners to pay for the draft website. John to forward payment to John N
· Confirm traded draft picks from the just completed season. John and Chris?
· Confirm penalties resulting in lost draft picks from the just completed season. Dave?
· Owners to make any pre-draft cuts they wish. This is optional for the teams but anybody wishing to do so has a one-week deadline to get them in.
· Remind the league that the draft will be scheduled to start on 1 December.
Third week of November:
· Chris’ final draft disc available to the league. Will have taken into account any pre-draft cuts made
· Spreadsheet (?) of the TRABL draft pool sent to John N for uploading to the draft site. John M? Chris?
Fourth week of November:
· Do we have any teams without owners? TRABL Grand Poobah’s to determine drafting process for any orphaned teams
· Has any part of the schedule slipped? Any change to official start date of the draft?
· As soon as the draft site is ready, all owners to test they can login
· If the draft site is ready prior to the official draft start date, we can offer a ‘soft start’. I.e., owners may draft but no running clock and no penalty until the official start of the draft
First week of December
· Targeted date for the draft to begin is 1 December. Whenever the draft does officially begin, all teams must draft until they have a minimum of 46 players
Second week of January (or following the completion of the draft)
· Chris sends out final draft disc
· Chris starts Merlinizing and applying other magic potions necessary for our official Opening Day disc
· All owners to check their rosters for errors
Third week of January
· Owners may elect to ask for a specific closer to be named (i.e. fudge a relievers save total so their MM will select them as closers)
· Owners may elect to have an AIM change for their players. (i.e. a player with a 500/100 AIM can be changed to 1000/50 AIM if that helps their team make it thru the season)
· Owners cut back to 46 players
Fourth week of January
· Chris updates the draft disc based on teams cuts
First week of February
· Phase 2 draft begins (the Great TRABL Swap Shop or whatever we’ve elected to call this draft)
Third week of February
· Chris updates the draft disc based on Phase-2 draft results. Owners to check for errors
Second week of March
· Chris puts our final Opening Day disc. Everybody complains about their pitchers grades
Third week of March
· All teams send in their Opening Day FFs (active roster with farm organization)
Fourth week of March
· Dave sends out the Opening Day PB CF
First week of April
· Opening series!